Teachers call for mandatory storytime in primary schools as HarperCollins study reveals benefits
New research from HarperCollins has found that storytime in primary schools can improve childrens’ reading age by 13 months, with the majority of teachers who took part in the study calling for it to be made mandatory.
YOU’VE REACHED YOUR ARTICLE LIMIT
Sign in or register for free to unlock 2 articles each month and receive personalised newsletters to your inbox.
Help support our journalism and subscribe with unlimited access.
Subscribe today and get:
- Every issue of The Bookseller magazine
- Unlimited access to thebookseller.com (single user)
- The Bookseller e-edition app for tablet and mobile
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Twice yearly Buyer's Guides worth £30
- Discounts on The Bookseller awards and conferences